Newsletter Autumn Term 9
As we finish another busy week, we have noticed especially this week the lovely manners of the children. We expect high standards in school and it just shows how the children respond to this high expectation.
1. Our Talking Topic
This week we have been thinking about ‘giving’ and how you can give in so many ways, not just gifts. We talked about giving help, giving time and even giving a smile. Please talk to your child about this.
2. Our Value
This week we have been having a focus on ‘friendship’ and how everybody needs to get on with everybody which is an important life skill. Very well done to Sam Cole, Sammi Miah, Holly Barnett, Lucas Conway, Beth Brennan, Evie Beech-Daly, Sedra Osman, Robin Craggs, Robert Brian and Michal Chmielewski who have all been seen being especially kind this week although it is a value all our children demonstrate.
3. Local Authority Inspector Visit
We had this on Monday and Tuesday. Thank you to the parents/carers who attended the coffee morning. The inspector agreed that we are a good school and noted the good education the children have, how happy and healthy they are. Our reading and maths standards are excellent, but our writing which we know, is the area to improve on as Y6 and Y2 did not do as well as normal here. We shall be asking for your help to improve this shortly.
4. Class Of The Week – Y1B
5. After School Club
6. Events In School Last Week
- Last week Reverend Chris Ruston took a Holy Communion service for KS2 children. The children were brilliant and joined in and listened attentively. We plan to have one each term now.
- R1 phonics for parents/carers was very well attended and hopefully lots of good ideas were taken from it.
- On Wednesday we had the space bus for all our nursery and reception children. They all had two sessions and thoroughly enjoyed the activities.
7. Children In Need
This is on Friday after the Y6 class assembly. Children are asked to support this great charity event organised by Y6 by paying 50p to wear a decorated headband or bandana. Y6 are making a large Pudsey and want children to bring coppers in to fill it.
8. Style Mile
9. Cheque Payments
Please be aware that we can no longer take cheques for under £10 due to banking and admin fees.
Lots of children are on course for their certificate and prize for reading at home at least 3 times a week. This is super news and is essential if children are going to make progress and aim high for their future in our joint responsibility for your child’s education.
One older KS2 pupil told me his mother was busy with the baby and another his Mum and Dad were too busy. This is not acceptable for these children, as parents/carers have rights along with responsibilities. Everyone can find 10 minutes to hear their child read. Why not have the pupil reading to baby and other siblings as well. Good language habits should start young.
11. Christmas Craft and Gift Fair
We are asking for various items to be donated for our school Christmas Fair and have started collecting. Please can you send in items from the list below, your contributions make a real difference.
Week commencing 9th November we will be collecting unused toiletries
Week commencing 16th November we will be collecting bottles (wine/pop etc).
Week commencing 23rd November we will be collecting clothes and toys
Week commencing 30th November we will be collecting chocolate and sweets.
Week commencing 7th December we will be collecting cakes and biscuits
Thank you for your donation so far.
13. Home School Link Worker Information
- If your child brings in grapes in their packed lunches could you please cut them in half, length ways.
- Christmas will soon be upon us and I am sure you are all buying presents. Please remember, if you are buying Playstation or Xbox games they have age restrictions on for a reason.
14.Dates for your Diary
Lunchtime Supervisors Award: India Vickers and Oliver Brereton-Lewis
Awards given out for data collected w/b 19/10/15:
Class Attendance: 99.2% – Y4-5M
Whole School Attendance: 97.5% (Government target is 95%)
Pupil Attendance Awards: Palveen Dhillon and Jasmin Dhillon
Attendance Award: Jacob Simpson
Mrs P Bloor