Welcome to St John’s CE(A) Primary School.
“Hand in hand we pray together, learn together and grow together.”
St John’s CE(A) Primary School opened in September 2005 in a new building with extensive grounds and serves the community of Trent Vale, Springfields and Penkhull. We are a Church of England primary school and our Christian ethos is at the heart of everything we do. As a voluntary aided primary school we endeavour to serve the community of Trent Vale. We aim to provide a quality education in a safe, secure and happy environment where all children are valued. We endeavour to achieve high standards in all aspects of school life.
We are a happy and caring school with good home/school links. The school is a two storey building built with many eco features.The new build projects incorporate passive environmental measures providing low maintenance, high quality, energy efficient, naturally lit environments for the pupils and staff.
- ICT Suite
- Pond/Science area
- 3 playgrounds
- 2 FS playground areas
- Sports area
- Sports field
The school has a Early Years Unit, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 classrooms built in a circular design, all on the ground floor.
The atmosphere of the school is quiet and industrious with excellent relationships. It is a very welcoming school. There are many exciting learning opportunities and activities.
We have been awarded:
- Gold Eco award
- Healthy Schools status and Active Mark
- Silver ECO Award
- Stoke Speaks Out Level 4 Communication Friendly Award
- Primary Science Quality Mark Gold Award
- International Schools Intermediate Award
- Level 1 Dyslexia Friendly Award
- 360 Esafety award
- STARS Gold Award
To view our prospectus click here for a .pdf version of the document. In order to view it, you will need a pdf viewer which can be downloaded from here for free.
The December 2012/January 2013 published league tables of KS2 results puts St Johns 11th out of 66 city schools with the best results of all schools in the area. This is a fantastic achievement and is a testament to all the staff, governors, pupils and parent carers who have worked so well together to give our pupils the best possible education.
Click here to view the OFSTED report 13th - 14th December 2012. This along with our SATs and SIAS reports can be found here.
- Can I remind all parent/carers that we break up at 3:00pm on Wednesday 28th March 2018! We have a staff training day on the Thursday. The original cards that went out had an error on them and we apologise for this.
- Reception visit to Amerton Farm is on Thursday 22nd March.
- KS1/KS2 disco is open to all children on Thursday 22nd March from 3:00 to 4:15pm. It is £2.50 payable on parent pay which includes a drink and crisps, so is good value. We also have some pocket money toys and sweets to sell as well if the children bring any spending money.
- There will be no after school clubs next Thursday and all our clubs for the term finish next week.
- Next Friday 23rd March is Y1/2 class assembly at 9.05am, parents/carers are invited to attend.
- If children are competing in team events they need to bring a top tracksuit from home (we give team kits) in a separate bag that can be put in the small changing room as there is no room in the cloakroom.
- On Tuesday 27rd March Nursery & Reception classes will be having an Easter Bonnet Parade. Parent/Carers are invited to attend at 2.15pm.
- On Wednesday 28th March Nursery & Reception will be having a Pirate/princess day the children can come dressed up on this day.
Our children/classes who received awards on this week are:
Jake Roberts & Oscar Woodward
Cassidy Stanier &All of Y2
Smart School Uniform
Lola Westwood, Savio Johns,
Charlie Hammond, Ella Whitehurst, Charlie Harvey
Lunchtime Supervisor’s Award
Alfie Cosgrove & Aaron Sini
Time 4 Sport
Mrs P Bloor
More news, information and advice can be found in the current newsletter.
Our SATs results are in and…
Once again we are amazed!
St John’s has exceeded the National average by a wide margin – with a combined score of 75% – above the National average of 61%.
We have exceeded even our expectations scoring over 75% in all four areas: reading, maths, wring and spelling, punctuation and grammar.
A huge well done to governors and staff but most importantly huge congratulations to our year 6 pupils and their families!
We now have our Key Stage 2 results for 2016, and they are fantastic.
Please click here to see all of the results in more detail.
Well done to everyone for all of their hard work.