Welcome to Year 1L!
This half term our topic is: Would The Beatles have won the X Factor?
Summer 1 This half term we will be looking at different British musicians. We will be linking this in with our music, using instruments to create rhythm and keep in time to a beat. We will be talking about talents and famous people with talents. We will encourage the children to share any talents that they have and think about what they would want to be famous for?
Which is your favourite Beatles song?
Summer 2 After half term our next topic will be Where do the wheels on the bus go? This will have lots of geography links. We will be looking at our local area and comparing it to a contrasting area, e.g. the seaside. We will be looking at different modes of transport within the UK and how these have changed over the years.
What do you think these buildings were used for?
How can you help at home?
Our families can support our learning by:
• encouraging your child to complete their daily phonics homework, to read regularly and to sign their diaries.
• talking to the pupils about their learning
• trips to the library can also be a great help and we always welcome information brought in from home to aid our learning.
• To use Bug Club on an iPad, download an app called Puffin. This allows you to use the website.
• Please ensure long hair is always tied back, this stops from distractions.
• PE is on Wednesday and Thursday – earrings must be removed.
• Homework is given out on a Wednesday to be returned the following Monday.
PLANTS! – We have planted some beans and over the next few weeks we are watching how they change. We have talked about what plants need to survive and what might happen if they are neglected. We are keeping a bean diary to record what happens and how they are changing.