Equality Statement 2018
Our equality objectives are:
1. To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through curriculum and extra curriculum activities with particular reference to equality and diversity.
2. To promote cultural understanding through a rich range of experiences in and beyond the school.
3. To tackle any prejudice and promote understanding of disabilities.
4. To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through teaching.
5. To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
St John’s CE (A) Primary School is committed to equality of opportunity in line with the Equality Act 2010. We endeavour to make a positive contribution in our community by demonstrating qualities such as respect, co-operation and valuing differences whilst celebrating cultural diversity. This applies in the classroom, to all our pupils and our community in the retention and recruitment of staff.
We promote the principles and practices of equality and justice throughout the school and aim to be a school which provides high quality teaching within a supportive and stimulating learning environment, which enables children to develop positive views of themselves as enthusiastic lifelong learners (school aims).
As an employer we will not discriminate on any of the following:
• Gender re-assignment
• Religion and belief
• Sexual orientation
• Marriage and civil partnership
Nor as a school or employer will we accept any of the following:
• Direct discrimination
• Indirect discrimination
• Associative discrimination
• Harassment by a third party