|8||Spring 2017||No Amendments, approved and issued||Spring 2019|
|7||Summer 2015||Amended, approved and issued||Spring 2017|
|6||Spring 2015||Amended, approved and issued||Spring 2017|
|5||Spring 2013||Approved and issued (no amendments)||Spring 2015|
|4||April 2011||Amended, approved and issued||May 2013|
|3||June 2008||Approved, amended and issued||May 2011|
|2||June 2007||Approved and issued||May 2008|
|1||June 2007||First draft|
At St John’s we want staff and pupils to enjoy the sun safely. We work together with staff, pupils and parents/carers to achieve this through:
- School Responsibility
- We will talk about being safe in the sun in class and assemblies, when we get hot weather.
- We will tell parents/carers about what the school is doing about sun protection in newsletters during hot weather.
- We will provide cold water, water bottles and access to water as needed.
- The school has an ongoing plan to increase the number of shelters and shaded areas and review as necessary.
- Encourage parents/carers to apply sunscreen in the morning.
- If necessary sports day will have a break and drinks be provided.
- Children will not spend more than 30 minutes outside in hot weather. If it is too hot PE lessons can be shortened using teacher’s discretion and should include a cool down inside before changing.
- Parent/Carer Responsibility
- Parents/Carers should send children to school with sunhats.
- Parents/Carers should apply sunscreen before school.
- Parents/Carers should send children to school appropriately dressed.
Sun Protection Policy Version 8 Summer 2017